Testimony at @ 26:30
You don’t have to understand everything to believe in something.
As (Jesus) went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” John 9:1-2
3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.
…(Jesus) spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes. 7 “Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam”
Siloam means ____________________
So the man went and washed, and came home seeing. John 9:6b-7
8 His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked, “Isn’t this the same man who used to sit and beg?” 9 Some claimed that he was. Others said, “No, he only looks like him.” But he himself insisted, “I am the man.” 10 “How then were your eyes opened?” they demanded. John 9:8-10
13 They brought to the Pharisees the man who had been blind. 14 Now the day on which Jesus had made the mud and opened the man’s eyes was a Sabbath. 15 Therefore the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. “He put mud on my eyes,” the man replied, “and I washed, and now I see.” 16 Some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.” John 9:13-16
24 A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. “Give glory to God,” they said. “We know this man is a sinner.” 25 He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!” John 9:24-25
Option #1: There was a ___________________________________
Option #2: Everything came from __________________________
35 Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?” 36 “Who is he, sir?” the man asked. “Tell me so that I may believe in him.” 37 Jesus said, “You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you.” 38 Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him. John 9:35-38
Describe a time when you doubted a story even though it was from a reliable source
Read John 20:24-31
• What had the other disciples told Thomas? (20:24)
• What did Thomas say he needed in order to believe that Jesus was raised from the dead? (20:25)
• How did Jesus restore Thomas’s faith? (20:26)
• What did Jesus say to Thomas? (20:27)
• What did Thomas say in response to Jesus’ words? (20:28)
• What did Jesus say about seeing and believing? (20:29)
• What results from believing that Jesus is the Son of God?
• When have you had doubts about your faith in Christ?
• What are some ways we can deal with our doubts about God?
• Why is it difficult at times to believe in Christ?
• What are some of the major areas of your life where you could trust Christ more?
• What doubts concerning your relationship with Christ are you currently struggling with?
• What are some ways those around you can help you process the doubts and questions you are having?
• How can you help them in the same way?