Celebrate Recovery is a biblical and balanced program, based on the actual words of Jesus rather than psychological theory, that helps us overcome our hurts, hang-ups, and habits. 20 years ago, Saddleback Church launched Celebrate Recovery with 43 people, designed to help those struggling with hurts, habits and hang-ups by showing them the loving power of Jesus Christ through a recovery process.
Celebrate Recovery is now in more than 20,000 churches worldwide, including San Andreas Community Covenant Church.
TIME AND LOCATION
FREE Community Meal: 4:30pm – 6:00pm in the downstairs fellowship hall. (Open to everyone of all ages)
Large Group: 6:15pm – 7:15pm in the Worship Center
Open Share: 7:15pm – 8:15pm
This is the meeting before the meeting and the meeting after the meeting–it’s just as important as the other meetings. It is where we start to build healthy relationships. We have the chance to meet sponsors, build support and accountability teams, and build healthy friendships.
This is a great opportunity to gather as a Recovery community. We worship God, receive teaching on the 12 steps and their biblical comparisons, and hear testimonies from those who have walked the road of recovery.
OPEN SHARE GROUPS
We gather in gender and issue-specific groups. Open Share groups provide an opportunity to share our experience, strength, and hope in our own recovery. Safety is key in recovery. In order to keep groups safe, we hold to these 5 guidelines:
1. Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
2. There will be no cross talk please. Crosstalk is when two individuals engage in dialogue, excluding all others. Each person is free to express feelings without interruption.
3. We are here to support each other. We will not attempt to “fix” one another.
4. Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group.
5. Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.
1ST TIME ATTENDERS
Our heart goes out to first-timers! If this is your first time, we invite you to our first-time guests group.
Contact Us for more information.
These are gender-based groups (not issue specific) that meet weekly to go through the four Celebrate Recovery participant guides which include the 12 steps and their biblical comparisons. This in-depth study usually takes 10-12 months.
For information about Step Studies, contact us.